I collect some interesting sentences here for which natural language understanding, if it works, should be able to give a sound representation, and give two possible representations in some cases.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously. 4
Time and Quantity Reasoning
These sentences are selected from RepEval20175 shared tasks, under the time/quantity resoning category. Inference on these sentences are currently quite hard for neural models.
- Like one, two, three, four.
- Count from one to four.
- Of those beginning prenatal care in the first trimester, Indiana mothers rank in the lower third of individuals receiving such care nationwide.
- There are Indiana mothers who do not receive prenatal care in the first trimester.
- Payment of $1,000 (or more) may be made now or at anytime before December 31, 1993.
- Payment may be made anytime until December 31.
- If you’d like to make a donation at a later date, please indicate your pledge on the invoice and return it to us.
- We appreciate you indicating your pledged amount on the invoice.
- The time was 9:38.
- The time was before 10:00
- By 8:33, it had reached its assigned cruising altitude of 31,000 feet.
- By 8:33 is was on its delegated cruising altitude of about 30,000 feet.
- After bloody struggles, the Sunni became (and remain) the majority sect.
- The Sunni were not the majority sect before violent conflict took place.
- The military aide returned a few minutes later, probably between 10:12 and 10:18, and said the aircraft was 60 miles out.
- It was thought to be sometime after 10 o’clock that the military aide returned.
- For a desk dictionary (or college dictionary, as Americans like to call them) it is rather pricey at $36.
- Desk dictionaries can be rather expensive.
- I do not know how he would rate it, but I must confess that for general use I am inclined to put it just a little ahead of Chambers . But I haven’t found it quite as much fun to browse in.
- I would rate it slightly better than Chambers.
- The value of the coefficient can vary from zero (if demand is exactly the same every week) to numbers much greater than one for wildly fluctuating weekly demand.
- A coefficient can indeed rise up to a hundred for wildly fluctuating weekly demand.
- A short time later, Nawaf and Salem al Hazmi entered the same checkpoint.
- Nawaf and Salem al Hazmi entered the checkpoint ten minutes later.
- I think uh-oh 200 pounds of mush going to be laying on the floor, I’ll never get him up you know.
- There is 100 pounds of mush on the floor and I can’t get him up.
- At best, experience with different combinations of waist sizes and leg lengths for a given design allows a scheduler to aggregate the units to be made into groups of large and small sizes, which means marker-makers can achieve efficiencies near 90 percent for casual pants.
- Makrer-makers can only ever achieve efficiencies of 80 percent for casual pants.
- In this chapter, we will concentrate on the past hundred years, outlining major changes in American retail, apparel, and textiles that occurred before the 1980s.
- Hundreds of year of history is included in this chapter.
- Note that the work in a shirt plant is generally grouped into production lots of 1,500 shirts if the progressive bundle system is used.
- The progressive bundle system means work is generally grouped into production lots of 20,000 shirts or more.
- At eight or ten stitches an inch, it is possible to seam thirteen to sixteen or more inches a second.
- It’s impossible to seam more than 13 inches a second.
- The Vice Chairman joined the conference shortly before 10:00; the Secretary, shortly before 10:30.
- The Secretary joined before the Vice Chairman.
- As early as January 1994, Bin Ladin received the surveillance reports, complete with diagrams prepared by the team’s computer specialist.
- Bin Ladin did not receive any reports until 1996.
- The call lasted about two minutes, after which Policastro and a colleague tried unsuccessfully to contact the flight.
- The call only lasted 5 seconds before it was dropped.
- Hold on a second.
- Hold on for a few minutes.
- The passengers continued their assault and at 10:02:23, a hijacker said, Pull it down!
- The assault by the passengers did not begin until 10:10:00.
- Two such hints, however, have only a few possible answers in common, so that the solver can concentrate on them and pick the most probable one.
- Each problem only has one possible answer.
- It seems unnecessary to point out that Framework cannot have a very sophisticated list of words if it has only 37,000 in its memory, but I thought it might be interesting to see what substitutions were evoked by SUGGEST.
- Framework has more than 300,000 words and is quite sophisticated.
mismatched annotation from https://repeval2017.github.io/shared/ ↩